Bylaws and Rules Committee
The Bylaws and Rules Committee oversees ANS's bylaws and rules, which govern the ANS's overall structure and operation. In particular, the committee manages the process by which the bylaws and rules are amended, under the supervision of the Board of Directors. The committee also helps ensure that the bylaws and rules of ANS constituent units are in accord with the Society's bylaws and rules.
- Attend committee meetings at each of the national meetings and participate on conference calls as needed.
- Review proposed amendments to ANS bylaws and rules and help provide guidance to the Board of Directors on the proposed amendments.
- Review initial bylaws and rules, and subsequent amendments, proposed by the Society's constituent units (Professional Divisions, Local Sections, and Student Sections).
- Advise the Board of Directors whether constituent unit bylaws and rules and amendments are in accord with the provisions of the bylaws and rules of the Society and any applicable standard bylaws and rules approved by the Board of Directors.
Helpful Traits for Members:
- Interest in organization governing policies and procedures.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Professional Division Bylaws and Rules
Below are resources available to the professional divisions to aid in the adoption of the new Standard Bylaws.
Local Section and Student Section Bylaws and Rules
Below are resources available to local and student sections to aid in the adoption of the new Bylaws and Rules system.
Last modified May 4, 2018, 1:56pm CDT