ANS is committed to advancing, fostering, and promoting the development and application of nuclear sciences and technologies to benefit society.
Explore the many uses for nuclear science and its impact on energy, the environment, healthcare, food, and more.
Isotopes & Radiation
Members are devoted to applying nuclear science and engineering technologies involving isotopes, radiation applications, and associated equipment in scientific research, development, and industrial processes. Their interests lie primarily in education, industrial uses, biology, medicine, and health physics. Division committees include Analytical Applications of Isotopes and Radiation, Biology and Medicine, Radiation Applications, Radiation Sources and Detection, and Thermal Power Sources.
2022 ANS Annual Meeting
June 12–16, 2022
Anaheim, CA|Anaheim Hilton
The Standards Committee is responsible for the development and maintenance of voluntary consensus standards that address the design, analysis, and operation of components, systems, and facilities related to the application of nuclear science and technology. Find out What’s New, check out the Standards Store, or Get Involved today!
Latest Magazine Issues
Latest Journal Issues
Nuclear Science and Engineering
Fusion Science and Technology
2022 ANS Annual Meeting preview webinar is coming
ANS will host its first fully in-person national meeting since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic when the 2022 ANS Annual Meeting takes place in Anaheim, Calif., June 12-16.
In anticipation of the event, ANS is putting on a webinar titled ”Annual Meeting Preview: Getting back to what we do best.” This hourlong sneak peek is on May 24 at 2:00 p.m. (EDT) and is free and open to everyone. The program will feature organizers who have been planning the many technical sessions for ANS Annual as well as the three embedded topical meetings:
Students must stay there to receive travel assistance from the conference organizers
1001 W Killarney StUrbana, IL 61801United States
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Champaign-Urbana
Reserve your room now with the online code: ANSSCO
Or by calling +1 (217) 328-7900 and mentioning the code: 2204ANSSCO
Travel Assistance Program
The travel assistance program seeks to limit the cost for students attending the ANS Student Conference and provide support to those who might be deterred by their travel expenses. There is no guarantee that the Student Conference will be able to provide complete travel reimbursement. If you attend a school without an ANS chapter you can still apply for assistance. As with schools that have an ANS chapter, please compile all travel expenses for your school into one assistance form. If you are unsure if an expense item will be covered, consult the examples below and, if you are still unsure, feel free to contact our Hospitality Coordinator, Gavin Davis.
Travel Assistance Instructions
1. Applications will not open until after the conference, but we have a spreadsheet for you to keep track of expenses and receipts
2. Compile all eligible receipts
3. Scan all the documents into a SINGLE .pdf document
4. Structure the document so that no more than one person’s receipts are on a single page (Multiple pages for a single person are acceptable)
5. Email one Complete application to email@example.com by April 29th, 2022
Travel Assistance Stipulations
· To be eligible for assistance, all students must have stayed in the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Champaign-Urbana
· Only one travel assistance check will be awarded per student section. Please compile all expenses in a travel assistance form, and submit according to the instructions above
· No amount is guaranteed in assistance, the final amount will be dependent on fundraising and the number of eligible applicants. We will do our best to help as many students as we can.
· Only student expenses will be covered in this program, please do not include non-student expenses in your application.
Examples of What May be Covered:
· Airline tickets
· Bus fees, including driver fees or individual fares
· Gasoline, providing proper receipts
Examples of What Will Not be Covered:
· Non-student travel expenses
· Rebooking or cancellation fees
· Registration fees
Local Transportation information: We will organize all transportation during the conference, but will not be organizing transportation for attendees to and from the conference. These are intended as options in the event that a group needs to organize transportation in/to Illinois.
Peoria Charter Bus
University of IllinoisWillard Airport
Midway International Airport
O'Hare International Airport
Last modified February 7, 2022, 12:35pm CST