2020 ANS Election Candidates
Vice President / President-Elect Candidates
The ANS Nominating Committee has selected as the candidates for Vice President/President-Elect:
- H.M. “Hash” Hashemian (Analysis and Measurement Services Corporation)
- Steven Nesbit (Consultant)
Board of Directors Candidates
The ANS Board of Directors each serve a three-year term that begins and ends during the ANS Annual Meeting. The ANS Bylaws and Rules require that U.S. and non U.S. members be proportionately represented; therefore, in the 2020 election, there are four U.S. Director At-large and one Non-U.S. Director At-large positions to be filled.
U.S. Director At-Large Position Candidates
Nominated to run for the U.S. Director At-large positions are:
- Steven Arndt (U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
- Lori Braase (Idaho National Laboratory)
- Harsh Desai (Nuclear Energy Institute)
- Anna Erickson (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Florent Heidet (Argonne National Laboratory)
- Richard “Chip” Lagdon, Jr. (Bechtel National, Inc.)
- Kevin Reynolds (Consolidated Nuclear Security)
Non-U.S. Director At-Large Position Candidates
Nominated to run for the non-U.S. Director At-large – Europe/Africa Region position:
- Fernando Naredo (European Nuclear Society)
- Luc Van Den Durpel (Nuclear-21)
Directors whose terms will end in June 2020 are: John Kelly (Officer), Lisa Marshall, Leah Parks, Patricia Paviet, David Pointer and Fiona Rayment.
In addition to Chair John Kelly, members of this year’s Nominating Committee included Professional Divisions Committee Chair Thomas Remick, Todd Allen, Daniel Churchman, Paul Dickman, Julie Ezold, John Kotek, and Piyush Sabharwall.
Members have the option to nominate by petition. Candidates, other than individuals on the Nominating Committee's slate, may be nominated by petition for Officer and Director vacancies. Acceptable petitions must:
- Be signed by 200 or more ANS voting members;
- Contain the original signature of each petitioner; and
- Have the nominee's written consent.
Petitions for the 2020 national election are due at ANS Headquarters no later than January 5, 2020 (no extensions).
Ballots for the 2020 election will be sent electronically on February 24, 2020. Ballots for the national election must be submitted no later than 12 pm CT on Tuesday, April 6, 2020.