Public Policy Committee
The Public Policy Committee oversees the Society's official positions on public issues involving various aspects of nuclear science and technology. The committee's main role is to create and update position statements that reflect the views of the membership or in anticipation of relevant policies. The committee may also provide support to ANS leaders regarding interactions with government officials and assist in the development of official Society statements for public release.
- Attend committee meetings at each of the national meetings and participate on conference calls as needed.
- Develop position statements on legislative, regulatory and other nuclear policy issues.
- Ensure that existing position statements are up–to–date.
- Help ANS leaders in their interactions with government officials.
Helpful Traits for Members:
- Interest in and familiarity with major legislative, regulatory and other issues affecting nuclear policy.
- Familiarity with federal government agencies involved in nuclear policy issues.
- General knowledge of the legislative and regulatory development process.
Last modified June 12, 2019, 2:29pm CDT