Honors and Awards Committee
The Honors and Awards Committee oversees the ANS Honors and Awards Program, including the promotion of award nominations for deserving candidates, the review of nomination packages, and selection of recipients for the national awards.
- Attend committee meetings at each of the national meetings and participate on conference calls as needed.
- Participate on one or more subcommittees formed to review nominations for national awards and select awardees.
- Serve as a liaison to the Professional Divisions to increase awareness of and participation in the Honors and Awards Program.
- Consider recommendations of Nuclear Historic Landmarks and Special Award topics to the Board of Directors.
- Participate in discussions and recommendations to the Board of Directors on revisions to policies and practices governing honors and awards.
Helpful Traits for Members:
- Appreciation of the role of honors and awards in recognizing professional achievement and having a positive impact on association relations with members.
- Ability to evaluate the qualities and accomplishments that make one deserving of special Society recognition.
Last modified May 4, 2018, 2:07pm CDT