The Finance Committee has supervision over and responsibility for the financial rules, policies, procedures, and budgets of ANS and shall investigate and analyze all financial requirements and expenditures, scrutinize all budget estimates prior to submission to the Board of Directors review, and pass upon all financial matters before presentation to the Board for consideration or action. The committee also provides broad oversight of the organization's financial audit.
- Attend committee meetings at each of the national meetings and participate on conference calls as needed. (The committee usually has up to five conference calls in the fall to review the Society's proposed annual budget for the following year.)
- Monitor the Society's financial records.
- Monitor the Society's investments in accordance with its policies.
- Review and oversee the creation of accurate, timely and meaningful financial statements for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Review the Society's proposed annual budget and develop recommendations regarding it for the Board of Directors.
- Monitor budget implementation and financial procedures.
- Help the Board of Directors understand the Society's finances.
- Review the Society's annual financial audit.
Helpful Traits for Members:
- Strong background in accounting, finance or business.
- Familiarity with ANS products, programs, services and organizational structure.
Last modified May 4, 2018, 2:04pm CDT