Accreditation Policy and Procedures Committee
The Accreditation Policy and Procedures Committee has responsibility for interfacing with the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). The committee recommends individuals for appointment to the Board and Commissions of ABET, and supplies trained evaluators for nuclear engineering and nuclear engineering technology programs at academic institutions throughout the country.
- Attend committee meetings at each of the national meetings and participate on conference calls as needed.
- Develop policies, procedures and criteria for accrediting nuclear, radiological and similar academic programs in engineering and technology.
- Possibly train ANS members to become program evaluators.
- Possibly serve as a program evaluator.
Helpful Traits for Members:
- Interest in and knowledge of program evaluation procedures and criteria.
- Familiarity with accreditation of nuclear educational programs.
- Familiarity with ABET policies.
Last modified June 14, 2018, 12:09pm CDT