The ANS Winter Meeting is focused on progress in nuclear technology. Keep up-to-date year round with the ANS technical journal Nuclear Technology (NT). The November 2012 edition is available electronically and in hard copy for American Nuclear Society member subscribers and others. Non-subscribers click here to subscribe to NT and other ANS titles.
NT is the international research journal of ANS and is edited by Nicholas Tsoulfanidis.
The November issue contains the following peer-reviewed articles:
- Coating Parameters That Influence the Defect Ratio of TRISO Coated Fuel Particles, by Jacobus J. Hancke, John C. Barry, Gerrit T. Van Rooyen, and Johan P. R. De Villiers
- Pressure Drop in a Pebble Bed Reactor Under High Reynolds Number, by Yassin A. Hassan and Changwoo Kang
- Demonstration of Implicit Coupling of TRACE/PARCS Using Simplified One-Dimensional Problems, by Justin K. Watson and Kostadin N. Ivanov
- Coupling the Back End of Fuel Cycles with Repositories, by Charles Forsberg
- Study of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 4 Spent-Fuel Pool, by Dean Wang, Ian C. Gauld, Graydon L. Yoder, Larry J. Ott, George F. Flanagan, Matthew W. Francis, Emilian L. Popov, Juan J. Carbajo, Prashant K. Jain, John C. Wagner, and Jess C. Gehin
- Experiment Optimization to Reduce Nuclear Data Uncertainties in Support of Reactor Design, by Tracy E. Stover and Paul J. Turinsky
- Reconstruction Algorithms for Directional Neutron Detection Using a Time Projection Chamber, by C. Roecker, N. S. Bowden, G. Carosi, M. Heffner, and I. Jovanovic
- The European Lead-Cooled EFIT Plant: An Industrial-Scale Accelerator-Driven System for Minor Actinide Transmutation - I, by L. Mansani, C. Artioli, M. Schikorr, G. Rimpault, C. Angulo, and D. De Bruyn
- Description of the European Helium-Cooled EFIT Plant: An Industrial-Scale Accelerator-Driven System for Minor Actinide Transmutation - II, by Jean-François Pignatel, Pierre Richard, Gerald Rimpault, Julian Murgatroyd, Richard Stainsby, Michael Schikorr, Evaldas Bubelis, Sophie Larmignat, Antony Woaye Hune, Danas Ridikas, and Alan Takibayev
ANS journals are available through annual subscriptions and by individual edition or article. Please click here to go to the online journals page. A menu of ANS's publications is available online by clicking here.