Professional Divisions Committee (PDC)
The Professional Divisions Committee is responsible for the conduct of ANS's Professional Divisions and Technical Groups. The committee cooperates with the individuals and groups interested in the formation and operation of Professional Divisions and Technical Groups.
- Attend committee meetings at each of the national meetings and participate on conference calls as needed.
- Identify, discuss, and implement ways to improve overall Professional Division operations through workshops on how to conduct Topical Meetings, development of knowledge transfer mechanisms (supporting officer succession), better use of ANS's electronic resources, and sharing of tools for planning and monitoring Professional Division health.
- Evaluate applications to form, merge, or dissolve Divisions and Technical Groups, assisting them in the preparation of statements, petitions, rule, and procedures.
- Coordinate Professional Division activities with the ANS student program; professional development for young Society members; and Society efforts regarding standards, public policy and communications.
Helpful Traits for Members:
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the role, responsibilities and activities of Professional Divisions.
- Desire to support Professional Divisions in helping to fulfill ANS's mission.
Professional Division Metrics Information Form
Resources for Division Officers
Current Standing Committee Liaisons to Professional Divisions Committee
Bylaws and Rules
Professional Development Coordination
Last modified August 17, 2018, 3:30pm CDT