Local Sections Committee
The Local Sections Committee oversees and provides support to the ANS Local Sections. The committee cooperates with individuals and groups interested in the formation of Local Sections, assisting them in the preparation of a petition, and in other organizational and operating procedures.
The Goals of ANS Local Sections are as follows:
- Promote ANS products, programs and services, including Society membership.
- Support ANS public policy activities at the state and local levels.
- Provide information to the public on the benefits of nuclear science and technology.
- Facilitate the sharing of information among nuclear professionals on the local level.
- Create networking opportunities for nuclear professionals on the local level.
- Attend committee meetings at each of the national meetings and participate on conference calls as needed.
- Tasks as assigned, time varies based on project but normally not more than 4-6 hours for the year.
- Develops best practices for Local Section programs and management.
- Serve as a committee liaison to Local Sections as needed.
- Monitor Local Section compliance with ANS policies and Society Bylaws and Rules.
Helpful Traits for Members:
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the role, responsibilities and activities of Local Sections.
- Desire to support Local Sections in helping to fulfill ANS's mission.
Last modified May 4, 2018, 2:11pm CDT