ANS is hosting a webinar titled “Budgeting for the Future of Nuclear” on Wednesday, April 27, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. (EDT). Representatives from the Department of Energy will discuss the president’s fiscal year 2023 budget request.
Register Now. The webinar is for ANS members only.
What it’s about: The FY 2023 budget request offers insights into the DOE’s nuclear energy priorities. The department’s Office of Nuclear Energy supports the deployment of future reactors, the development of advanced reactor fuels, radioactive waste management, and other activities that are crucial for the nuclear energy industry.
Panel: The webinar will be moderated by Craig Piercy, ANS executive director and chief executive officer, and will feature the following representatives from the DOE’s Office of Nuclear Energy:
- Andrew Griffith, acting assistant secretary for nuclear energy
- Alice Caponiti, deputy assistant secretary for reactor fleet and advanced reactor deployment
- Aleshia Duncan, deputy assistant secretary for international nuclear energy policy and cooperation
- Tracey Bishop, deputy assistant secretary for nuclear infrastructure programs
- Kim Petry, acting deputy assistant secretary for spent fuel and waste disposition
- Sal Golub, acting deputy assistant secretary for nuclear fuel cycle and supply chain
- Patrick Edgerton, Office of Nuclear Energy budget and planning director
Have questions? Questions can be submitted in advance of the webinar.
Can’t attend in real time? A recording of the webinar will be made available to everyone who registers.