The American Nuclear Society is offering a members-only webinar on Wednesday, September 2, at 1:00 p.m. (EDT) on the topic of “Black Racial Justice in the Nuclear Community.”
A panel of ANS members will discuss racial justice and share experiences through their personal and professional roles.
Registration is required for the webinar.
Viewer participation: Attendees may submit questions and comments during the webinar. Recommendations will serve as a springboard for the work of ANS and the DIA in support of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Following are the webinar's scheduled participants:
- Mary Lou Dunzik-Gougar, ANS president
- Craig Piercy, ANS executive director/chief executive officer
- Warren "Pete" Miller, retired from Los Alamos National Laboratory and former U.S. Department of Energy assistant secretary for nuclear energy
- Michelle Scott, U.S. Department of Energy
- Charlyne Smith, University of Florida
- Ira Strong, Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
- Sola Talabi, Pittsburgh Technical
- Lane Carasik, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Lisa Marshall, North Carolina State University