A virtual job fair for the Department of Energy’s Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) is being held on Wednesday, June 23, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (EDT). The job fair will be hosted by the DOE's National Nuclear Security Administration.
The NSE is looking for the next generation of nuclear security professionals and is planning to hire more than 2,500 new employees in 2021.
Interested candidates are encouraged to register online for the event.
Positions available: The positions available with the NSE include:
- General engineer
- Physical scientist
- Foreign affairs specialist
- Quality assurance engineer
- Personnel security specialist
- Security specialist
Job locales: The job fair will include hiring officials from the NNSA and its national laboratories, plants, and sites, including:
- Kansas City National Security Campus (Missouri)
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (California)
- Los Alamos National Laboratory (New Mexico)
- Nevada National Security Site
- Pantex Plant (Texas)
- Sandia National Laboratories (New Mexico and California)
- Savannah River Site (South Carolina)
- Y-12 National Security Complex (Tennessee)
Contractor jobs: There are also contractor positions available at the NSE labs, plants, and sites in several areas, including:
- Computer science
- Fire protection engineering
- Nuclear facility and operations
The NNSA and its contractors are hiring in:
- Aiken, S.C.
- Albuquerque, N.M.
- Amarillo, Texas
- Germantown, Md.
- Kansas City, Mo.
- Las Vegas, Nev.
- Livermore, Calif.
- Los Alamos, N.M.
- Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- Washington, D.C.
Job fair specs: During the online event, candidates will be able to have one-on-one message chats with hiring managers and human resources professionals regarding the NSE’s open positions. Candidates will also have the opportunity to visit virtual hiring booths, view information and videos about NSE locations, and apply directly for jobs of interest.
Candidates can register and submit resumes up until the day of the event, but pre-registration is highly recommended.
Postscript: After the event, follow-up interviews may continue to take place for several days, depending on the number of registrants and resumes received.
Read more about the NSE’s core missions.
Visit the NNSA website for more information.