For more than 50 years, the ANS Honors and Awards Program has recognized outstanding achievements and meritorious service in the various fields served by our Society.
The recipients of the national awards listed below will be honored on November 16 during the opening plenary of the ANS Winter Meeting. Honorees will be notified of their selection by October.
- E. Gail de Planque Medal
- Distinguished Public Service Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Fellow of ANS
- Landis Public Communication and Education Award
- Nuclear Historic Landmark Award
- Mary Jane Oestmann Professional Women's Achievement Award
- Reactor Technology Award (awarded with the Atomic Energy Society of Japan)
- Seaborg Medal
- Alvin M. Weinberg Medal
- Young Member Excellence Award
- Young Members Advancement Award
All members are encouraged to review the nomination requirements for these awards and consider nominating a qualified colleague. Many ANS awards are open to non–ANS members, and nominating colleagues who are not members is one way to foster new ANS relationships.
More information is available on each of the awards listed above, including past award recipients and nominations forms. There you will also find information about awards administered by ANS professional divisions. If you have questions about a specific award, please contact Hash Hashemian, chair of the Honors and Awards Committee at email@example.com.
The deadline for submission of nominations for Winter Meeting awards is August 1. Because of the large number of nominations typically submitted, late nominations are not accepted.