As part of the ANS Grassroots initiative, you will help increase the society's visibility and reputation as the source for information on nuclear science and technology.
Familiarize yourself with the materials in this Communication Kit.
- Share this information with your section.
- Talk with friends and neighbors about nuclear science and technology issues.
- Discuss the kinds of questions you might expect from policy makers and community members.
- Brainstorm what those questions might be.
- Utilize ANS resources and staff to find materials to support your answers to anticipated questions.
- Check into the nuclear information relative to your state.
- Learn about your elected officials. You can find vital information about their past votes and opinions of nuclear by contacting Doug Wasitis in the ANS Washington office.
- Follow local newspaper coverage.
The Grassroots Initiative encourages you to reach out to three audiences in order to build positive public perception about nuclear science and technology.
Schedule a meeting to offer your expertise and discuss current legislative issues.
Write your local newspaper a brief and 150-250 word letter to the editor or a longer Op/Ed piece.
Schedule a Teacher Workshop, speak at a local school, or present at an area chamber of commerce.
Report Your Efforts
We would like to hear about your grassroots effort. Please complete the report form to keep ANS informed.
Last updated July 16, 2014, 12:06pm CDT.