- Growing need for nuclear professionals
More nuclear professionals are needed domestically and internationally.
Rewarding career opportunities
- The demand exceeds the supply of graduates trained in nuclear science and technology.
- Many nuclear professionals are retiring and need to transfer their knowledge to the next generation of experts.
- Nuclear careers exist in the areas of medicine, manufacturing, agriculture, security, and energy.
There are many exciting opportunities for careers in nuclear science and technology.
Math and science education is essential
- Knowledgeable and experienced professionals serve as instructors and mentors to students entering nuclear careers.
- Scholarships, awards, and honors exist for student education and research.
- Nuclear Engineers have the 3rd highest median income among the engineering professions at $102,000/year.
Support of nuclear science and technology education programs is essential to maintaining our standard of living.
- Teachers, parents and business leaders must encourage young people to consider rewarding careers in nuclear science and technology.
- A scientifically literate population, educated in math and science, is essential for our national economy and security.
- Ensuring a reliable workforce of highly capable people provides opportunities for saving lives, improving our environment, understanding our world and exploring our universe.
Last updated July 9, 2012, 1:35pm CDT.