Decommissioning & Environmental Sciences Division Scholarship
First established as the DDRD Nuclear Facility Restoration Scholarship by the Decommissioning Decontamination and Reutilization (DD&R) Division in November of 1998, this scholarship focuses on the academic disciplines of engineering or science that is associated with either decommissioning, decontamination of nuclear facilities, management/characterization of nuclear waste, or restoration of the environment.
This scholarship was picked up by the newly established Decommissioning, and Environmental Science Division in February 2013.
Sponsoring organization or Individual
Decommissioning, and Environmental Science Division (formerly the Decommissioning Decontamination and Reutilization Division)
A selection committee will be established by the Decommissioning, and Environmental Science Division.
1 awarded annually @ $2,000/each
Special selection criteria, restrictions, and other special requirements (if any)
- Applicants must be enrolled in a curriculum engineering or science major with emphasis on:
- Decommissioning/decontamination or,
- Management/characterization of radioactive waste or,
- Restoration of the environment or
- Nuclear engineering.
- Applicants for the DESD Scholarship must submit a brief description of his/her long and short term professional objectives.
- The recipient will join the American Nuclear Society (ANS) and designate the DES Division as one of his/her professional divisions
- The recipient will commit to participating in the DES Division activities by attending one or both the annual and winter meetings of the ANS and serving as a student representative at the DESD Executive Committee meetings at the ANS meeting. The Division will provide funding for the student's travel, including student registration, reasonable transportation, food, and lodging.
Deadline: February 1
Last modified August 11, 2016, 1:03pm CDT