Before You Apply
Applying for an ANS scholarship takes some time, but the effort can be well worth it.
Here are a few things that you can do to help you prepare to apply. The hints below were provided by our staff and are based on questions that we receive during the process.
Information to Gather
- Department Chair – The name, email address and phone number of your department chair at your university. If you do not know, ask your faculty advisor.
- Transcript – The name, email address and phone number of your school's administrator or registrar's office to send a request for transcripts.
- The name, email address and phone number of three (3) individuals who are familiar with your qualifications (preferably employers or faculty members).
- A list of academic and ANS related groups in which you have participated in and any corresponding leadership positions.
- A list of honors and awards that you received when participating in school and volunteer related groups and organizations and the level of each award (Local, State, Regional or National).
- Personal Statement (500 words or less) of your future plans.
- Research – If you plan on applying for a "named" scholarship, you should research the individual the award is named after. This may be useful when developing your essay.
Click sample application for you to use when preparing to apply for our online application. This sample will not be accepted for application to our scholarship as we accept only electronic applications.
Last modified November 17, 2016, 7:36am CST