Accelerator Applications Division Scholarship
The ANS Accelerator Applications Division established this scholarship in November 2006. For students pursuing degrees in Physics, Engineering, or Materials Science.
Sponsoring organization or Individual
Accelerator Applications Division
A selection committee will be established by the Accelerator Applications Division.
Undergraduate – Junior and Senior
1 awarded annually @ $2,000/each
- $1000 to be awarded for Junior year
- $1000 to be given for Senior year
Total award is $2000 over a two-year period
Special selection criteria, restrictions, and other special requirements (if any)
The student must demonstrate, through transcripts, satisfactory progress toward the completion of his or her degree to receive the second year award.
- The AAD Scholarship Selection Committee will select the scholarship recipient.
- The award criteria are:
Additional considerations will be given to those candidates who:
- Academic Performance
- Faculty or Mentor Recommendations
- Three references required for the application.
- Professional Accomplishments and Career Objectives
- A summary of accomplishments that includes honors, awards, professional work activities, and special interest activities.
- A description of long-term and short-term professional objectives. Research interests aligned with the Division.s topical areas will be given greater weight.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Are members of an underrepresented class (female/minority).
- Have a record of service to ANS.
Deadline: February 1
Last modified March 7, 2019, 3:45pm CST