Mary Jane Oestmann Professional Women's Achievement Award
Recognizes outstanding personal dedication and technical achievement by a woman in the fields of nuclear science, engineering, research or education. The woman need not be an ANS member but should be affiliated with the nuclear community in some manner.
This award is made to recognize outstanding achievements by women who might not have the tenure or visibility to be considered for the other awards of the Society. The award is to be given to a woman whose work in the field of engineering, education or research meets the following criteria:
- Technical leadership for work performed in her subject area (i.e., she should have a key role in establishing a new curriculum), or have been instrumental in the success of a major research or design effort.
- This award may be given for lifetime achievement or for a singular outstanding contribution to the technical community.
Nominations must include the completed nomination form accompanied by the following supporting documents:
- A letter of recommendation
- A narrative summary of about 1,000 words, including accomplishments, period of activity, and significance of achievements
- A list of publications
- A brief chronological resume
- Letters of support (support letters recommended but not required, no more than five)
Nomination forms and supporting documents (in Word or Adobe Acrobat) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copies can be mailed to:
Honors and Awards
American Nuclear Society
555 N. Kensington Avenue
La Grange Park, IL 60526-5535
Last modified October 2, 2017, 4:34pm CDT